Sunday, April 3, 2011

Stay Calm and Blog On....

Blogging has become something that is very therapeutic to me. I do not write just for the hell of it, mainly due to the fact that my "just for the hell of it" would be extremely boring. Writing makes me feel better....and it's a hell of a lot healthier than a bottle of wine. With that said, one of the most frustrating instances I've had in my life has been attempting to reason with an irrational being. This is, by definition, an impossible feat. When dealing with situations as such, I often find myself in a position where I instinctually want to fight back on their playing field. I think it is human nature to close your eyes and swing when you're backed into a corner. My sister, Leslie, used this fighting technique when we were younger. Not that there are many punches thrown at six and eight years old, but we did have our fair share of sibling rivalry. Leslie would close her eyes and swing her arms as fast as she could coming in my direction. I hated her when she did this. What is the point of fighting if you're too scared to even see what's in front of you? Point being, although I often feel like closing my eyes and swinging, I am not scared of what I'm facing. You cannot fight ignorance with stupidity. Going forward, I am making a conscious decision, and effort, to fight ignorance with with intelligence, class, and grace. I have literally been through hell and not quiet back this year. I have seen life, love, evil, sincerity, generosity, hate, jealousy, kindness, disease, and strength. I have seen death. I will not let ignorance break me.


Sincerely,
Bailey Ann